FAQ - I Got a Ticket


I got a ticket. What do I do?


You must first determine if a court appearance is required; you may do this by accessing the Bail Schedule (PDF).

Many traffic tickets can be taken care of without a courtroom appearance either through the mail, online or at the Justice Court payment window.

Making Payments
You may make a payment in several different ways:
  1. You may send a cashier’s check or money order payable to the Justice Court to :
    Roy City Justice Court
    5051 S 1900 W
    Roy City, UT 84067
    Please ensure that your citation number or case number is printed clearly on the payment. If you don’t have those numbers, please make sure your name is written legibly on the payment.
  2. You may also pay online at the Utah Courts Epayment website. There is a convenience fee charge to you to use this service. The rate varies and you will be informed of it before you authorize the payment.
  3. You may pay in person at our payment window by:
    • Business check
    • Cash
    • Cashier’s check
    • Credit or debit card
    • Money order
    Our payment window does not close for lunch and our clerks are available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. We are closed on all major holidays.

Receipt of Payment
If you pay by mail or by using a credit card on-line or over the phone, and you wish to have a receipt sent to you, you will need to send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your payment.